Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Sour Taste of Confusion

I am confused. My daily life revolves around a routine which I have come to treasure but the spartan lifestyle I enjoy leading is constantly undermined by a steady flow of criticism. It is easy to say that one should stick to one's beliefs but when you are in my shoes, life is simply not a bed of roses.

Yield not to temptation..

Why do I have conflicting thoughts within me? Is it because I cannot face up to reality? Is it because I cannot move on from my unhappy setbacks?

I was told today that I enjoy vicarious thrills through the experiences of others. Well, some may argue that such an act is delusion while others may chide its passiveness. I choose to believe neither. I choose to call it individualism.

On a happier note, today was a good day. Sometimes, we tend to neglect people as we continue on with our lives but it is always nice to come back at the end of the day to experience the warmth of friendship and the intimate sharing of mateship. Today was such a day.

Sitting back in my comfy chair, penning my thoughts, enjoying a warm mug of coffee and reflecting on a life pervaded by incongruence..

Sheer Indulgence..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home