Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Esoteric

Reading about the woes of the region seems surreal when you are surrounded by lush greenery and the comfort of the heater blowing gently behind. I am still struggling to get off the blocks (I credit the wee bit of sprinting imagery here to my track days...thats right, track days, haha..) and get my act together. It could be an unexplainable longing for something that seems to evade me despite my best efforts. Oh well...

I think age has a surrepitious way of reminding me that I am no longer the sprightly teenager who can run effortlessly for miles (kilometres if you prefer more sedated ramblings, haha...). My legs hurt from two days of slight physical activity and for the first time, I understand the saying that one's legs feel like lead. Nevertheless, the battle against the bulge must continue...

Now that Sis has constantly bemoaned the lack of uplifting blog entries, I will endeavour to share a rather embarrassing and amusing incident.

Tourniquet: I am listening to this mandarin song at the moment and I really like it.
sandy: What is it?
Tourniquet: It is called Xiao Chou Yu = Small Ugly Fish
sandy: Weird, I have not heard of it...

*Tourniquet in sudden realisation and horror*

Tourniquet: Oops, its actually Clownfish...but nevermind...
sandy: !!!

*For those who remain blissfully lost, Xiao Chou Yu actually translates into Clownfish while yours truly took the literal meaning...Shucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home