Monday, April 02, 2007

Overload, Overkill

It is probably about time to say that I have finally settled down into my new environment. For those who have been puzzled by my prolonged absence in communication, yes, I have perhaps taken on more than I can manage and paid a heavy price. Thank you for not striking me out and labelling me as persona non grata, thank you.

Looking at the daunting amount of work in front of the desk is always hard, especially if your mind seems to be a million miles away, especially if your heart lies a million miles away... You never know what you lose until you miss it, how hackneyed but.. how true. I have often thought of the future but too often, I have been chided for not cherishing the present. Yet, a day spent without you by my side never sounded enticing, no, it never did and it never will.

I was once told, there are two things in life you cannot take back: a missed opportunity and a spoken word. It may come as a shock to you that I often reflect on what I could have done and could have said when we were together but held back in hesitation. Some words, carefully constructed remain deeply embedded within and may never surface. I am sorry...

Why the contrite mood? Perhaps it is a mere response to melancholic Autumn as it gently sweeps across the front yard, bringing with it the foreboding chill of Winter? The myriad of confused thoughts gradually form a vortex and as it unleashes the fury, gradually fragments all that stands in its way...

Back to work, overloaded and overkilled... Must get through this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home