Saturday, June 10, 2006

Self-Searching

I would love to dwell in an ethereal place, a place of wondrous marvels and beyond celestial spheres.. A place I can truly call my own..

But whether I can find this place remains the greater question.. From young, we often have wandering thoughts of Utopia, this mysterious paradise that [we suppose] awaits us when we get older. Perhaps, we are motivated by the perception that we can finally break free from the endless rules and boundaries that enclose us. Yet, having finally broken free of them, are we really happier and one step closer to Utopia?

I would like to think so, maybe all the difficulties we face during our growing up phase had been mere tribulations to prove our eligibility to Utopia. Not necessarily true.. The depressing, dampening effect of doomsayers never ceases to haunt me. Their endless ability to perceive outcomes as an inevitable result confounds me and consigns me to a mood of dejection. Break free? No.. Join us! Have I succumbed to their pressure? In a life abound with questions, where truth is often too ephemeral to be seen as the Truth, I might have crumbled too easily, too often.

Yet, the search for Utopia is continuous, and more often than not, it seeks its own occupants rather than its occupants seeking it. I liken the search to a journey without an aim in sight, a mission without a proposed outcome, a piece of literature without a proper conclusion. With all that in mind, would you dare to venture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home