Friday, August 03, 2007

Sore

It has been a pretty interesting week. First, my trip to the vineyard has yearned me some much needed knowledge on wine. (Why much needed? Well, it appeals to my ambition of becoming an epicure / glutton =) ) Either way, while I do not profess to be a connoisseur of fine wines, I believe I now know enough to point out a few pointers. And now to practise it..hic...

The soccer fixtures of late has been getting frantic and is showing no signs of slowing down. To give an example, I will be playing full, 90 minutes of pulsating soccer on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday again. That is 4 games in 7 days and it gets worse when I factor in the futsal game on Monday. Upon summation, that brings it to 5 games in 9 days. Ouch? Oh and adding to all that is training for an upcoming cross country. Double ouch? The heart remains willing but the flesh, alas, can only give so much before it crumbles...

Time is slipping by so rapidly that it does not gives one time to stop and reflect. Yet, some times, not reflecting can be a form of escapism that indulges one in a make-believe, mock-perfect place. This precious indulgence...remains...blissfully eluded...of...one's...grasp...Is this for the better or for the worse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home