Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Reading

In a few more days, my sojourn here would have come to another conclusion. It was my own volition to engage in the numerous activities that kept me constantly on the move rather than taking a long break. I am glad that I have made new friends, widened my own horizons and taken on more responsibilities and duties.

No, its nothing to crow about but at least I have felt the warmth of family and friends. And no, its nothing more I can ask for at this moment.

Reading has taken on a life on its own these few days. While I am not a compulsive reader (of fiction, that is), I profess to spending quite a few hours in the day with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Perhaps its penance for my lacklustre fictional reading, something which certain quarters consider unmentionable for a Literature student. But change I will endeavour and no longer shall I hem and haw when interrogated on my reading, that is until the next eleventh hour assignment whisks my fragile attention towards the daunting task.

One bad habit, however, continues to dog me. Lacking the patience to tie myself to one book, I have been multi-reading across a few titles. While they do all get finished (a big eventually here), I take a longer time than usual. Bad habits are harder to kick eh?

Till then...nonchalantly proceeds to flip page of book 2 while contemplating a lunge at book 3 with purposeful intent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home