Monday, June 12, 2006

Belonging

'Got to ask yourself the question, Where are you now?'..listening to James Blunt 'Wise Men' on the radio..A little voice within me whimpers and sighs..

For some reason, this simple question kept resonating in my head. Living in a foreign land so faraway from home, one cannot help but be struck down by homesickness at set intervals. Wise men (no pun intended on song) have constantly reminded me that only with the ability to overcome homesickness can I successfully assimilate into mine surroundings. Or is it?

I beg to differ. Perhaps there has been too much upheaval? Or maybe its just a clandestine longing for stability that causes such nostalgic reactions.. My guess is as good as yours..

'Got to ask yourself this question, Where are you now?'...It rings on...

1 Comments:

At 7:39 pm, Blogger ah lum said...

I agree. Once you let go of homesickness you find it easier to pass through every day in the new surrounding. The moment you think about home again it starts.

Then again, what do you define as "home"? Can you make your new habitat a "home"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home