Saturday, September 23, 2006

Journeying in a Little Red Car

The break has arrived, and what a way to kick it off: nearly 6 hours cooped up in a little red car with a few pals touring the city. Exploring bits which we have bypassed daily with barely more than a sideward glance can be rewarding, especially when you stumble upon serene riverside banks. Yes, it will be a good spot for leisure reading and to spend in the company of a loved one. As Mike Wazowski, the well-loved green minature cyclops tended to say, 'think beautiful thoughts', it was exactly the only state one could feel at that moment.

Funny enough, it was also a day full of double-entendres in speech and banter. Not a minute passed without us making a pass at the other, all with the intention to provoke but in a benign manner of course. Oh well, blokes will remain blokes I guess...

In a couple of days, a few of my contemporaries will be flying to London in pursue of their tertiary studies. While I will bemoan their absence when I return home, I cannot but feel happy for them knowing that they are about to realise their own dreams and ambitions. Abroad, there are days of loneliness but it is the determination of the individual to persevere on that tips the scale. To my departing friends, I wish thee fair winds and following seas. Till we meet again~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home