Saturday, August 05, 2006

Snow Bound.. Once Again

The saying,'[l]ightning does not strike twice', seems to hold little weight for me as just barely two weeks after I bade a teary farewell to the Alps, I am going back again. It is a little different this time as the emphasis would not be on skiing. Rather, it would be on a team builidng and bonding activity of sorts. This has left me in a limbo as on one hand, I rejoice at the chance to reunite with snow, on the other, the conscientious side of me bemoans the loss of a free Sunday. Indeed, it is a queer amalgamation of emotions. Oh well, in this life, you cannot win all the time..or can you?

Of late, I have been embroiled in a struggle to revive my former spartan and rigorous lifestyle in order to salvage a session seemingly marked by ill-discipline. By ill-discipline, I am of course referring to the lighter depravities in life, namely computer games and hours after hours of idling. What I badly lack now is temperance and an iron will to ward off these excesses, these contagious and addictive excesses. A smirk, a nonchalant smirk forms slowly on the face of Temptation.

This past week has seen a more pleasing effort in attempting to catch up on the books I have set myself to finish soon; albeit my recalcitrant and lazy mind did succeed in forcing me to succumb to the lure of the egregious Temptation. Yet, all is not lost and I promise thee the fight will go on, even harder, to end the days I remain palpable to your influence.

Indeed, it has been a long day and I shall end this post on a portentous quote..

'Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil' ~ (Matthew 6:13 KJV)

Have a good weekend ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home